India is known for its many hill stations. While some are the most celebrated tourist spots in the country, there are a few others which lie tucked away in a corner waiting to be explored. Well if you are planning on visiting one of the most beautiful hill stations of the country this vacation, then you should really start planning a trip to Mussoorie!
Mussoorie, which is located in the northern most fringes of the recently formed state of Uttarakhand, is one of the most celebrated hill stations in the country. Tourists from all over the world flock to this wonderful place just to enjoy a panoramic view and relaxing stay in the lap of the hills. There are actually a number of mussoorie budget hotels which makes your stay in the hill stations are the more pleasant and pocket friendly. All in all Mussoorie has the perfect ingredients to make it one of the most beautiful hill stations in the country.
Planning that special vacation in Mussoorie
If you are considering Mussoorie as your next holiday destination, then there are a few places there that you ought to check out. Let us take a look at some of them:
- Kempty Falls: Like a lot of other hill stations in the country, Mussoorie too is dotted with waterfalls, the most famous of them being the Kempty Falls. This is often considered to be the first place that tourists visit on their sightseeing tour. You can even take dip in the pool that the gushing waters make at the place where it falls. It is indeed a must visit location in Mussoorie.
- Gun Hill: All hill stations have viewpoints which grant a lovely view of the surroundings. When it comes to Mussoorie, one must visit view point of this hill station is the Gun Hill. It is so known because it was from this hill that canon shots were fired in the old days to mark time. Today it offers one of the most breathtaking views of the beauty that Mussoorie is.
- Camel’s Back Road: What is the point in visiting a hill station if you do not take a tour of it on your foot? The Camel’s Back Road is one of the most well-known places that offer the best places to take a walk when it comes to Mussoorie. This is a particularly favourite stretch of honeymooners who come to this hill station
- Jwala Devi Temple: If you are keen on exploring the religious aspect of Mussoorie, then this is the best place to visit. The Jwala Devi Temple is well known for particularly being an auspicious one. Devotees from far and near come to pay their respects here.
- The Mall: And last but not the least, step out from one of the mussoorie hotels 4 star and check out the busiest place of this small hill station – the mall area. This is the heart and life of Mussoorie.
Mussoorie is full of many places to explore and check out. So if you are planning to go there, do visit these places!