UK Study Visa

Teaching and learning in the UK will provide you with an excellent opportunity to master the language spoken by half the world, as well as get an education in higher educational institutions – universities in the UK, but for this, you will need a visa. As of today, a student visa to the UK is divided into several types. A student visa is not issued to everyone who wants it, but we think that the following information will help you in this process.

First of all, you should know that in accordance with immigration rules, a student is considered to be:

Student Visitor – student of training courses lasting up to 6 months;

Extended Student Visitor – a student of long-term courses lasting more than 6 months;

Prospective Student – future student;

Adult Student General Tier 4 – a student aged 16 years and older (adult student);

Child Student Tier 4 – child student.

Educational institutions that teach foreign students the language are required to have a license from UKBA – UK Border Agency Home office – Border and Immigration Service (UK Immigration Department), which provides border control, including customs, internal immigration control, external regulation, taking into account the issuance Visas at UK diplomatic missions abroad.

Only with this license, educational institutions have the right to educate foreign students and provide invitations, which subsequently are weighty arguments for obtaining visas.

Educational institutions should provide students with control, note all changes that occur during the learning process (change of place of residence, level of education, etc.), store passport data and phone numbers of students, and also provide the necessary information to supervisory, checking bodies.

You can find more detailed information about each of the above subcategories of student visas to the UK in this section.

Short-term student visa Student Visitor in London (UK):

Short-term Student Visa: Student Visitor in London (UK) is designed to study English at language colleges and schools in Britain, as well as for other courses (economics, law, painting, etc.) for up to 6 months.

Immigration requirements:

  • The duration of training should not exceed 6 months;
  • Language college/school must be licensed to study for international students;
  • The applicant does not intend to work or create his own business in England.

Extended Student Visitor Visa to London, UK

Extended (in time) Student Visa: Extended Student Visitor to London, UK is designed to study English at language colleges and schools in Britain lasting from 6 to 11 months.

This type of visa is similar to Student Visitor and does not have any special innovations, except for the duration of the study. This visa is not intended to study in higher education in Britain.

Prospective Student UK Student Visa:

Prospective Student’s: UK student visa is issued to applicants who plan to study in the UK but have not decided on their place of study and are not finally enrolled in an educational institution. For example, a candidate was enrolled in several universities and he needs to visit the UK to finally decide on a university or if the candidate needs to pass an interview or pass an exam in Britain before enrolling.

This type of visa is granted for a maximum period of 6 months, during which the future student must decide on the educational institution. The holder of this visa does not have the right to work and cannot bring family members with him.

Adult Student General Tier 4 student visa to England, UK:

Adult Student General Tier 4 student visa for England, UK is designed to study in any educational institution in Britain for a period of more than 6 months. The student must be at least 16 years old. You will have the right to study at language colleges and schools, undergo pre-university training programs, as well as enter and study at universities in the UK.

Applicants for this type of visa must be at least 16 years old and plan their studies in England at the after school level.

Child Student Tier 4 Student Visa to London, UK:

An applicant applying for a Student Student Tier 4 student visa to London, Britain must be between the ages of 4 and 17, who is about to attend a private school or international college in London, Britain.

The candidate must score 40 points to obtain a visa:

30 points – for confirmation of enrollment in a course of study;

10 points – for confirmation of the availability of funds for training and accommodation in London, UK).

About the author

Melisa Marzett is an essayist, a daydreamer and an altruist who is currently writing articles for Find Writing Service while traveling all over the world. She is a cat person and an animal rights activist, likes sports, fashion, handmade and cooking when she is in the mood. Needless to say that she is much of a reader and is always happy to give advice or help however she can.