Carpets are a source of pride in your home. This not only enhances the aesthetic appeal of the interior but also makes walking more comfortable than stepping on a hard floor. In other words, carpets are pleasing to the eyes as well as to the feet. In fact, you can actually relax while sitting or lying on the carpeted floor. Try to do this on the bare floor and you will realize how comfortable life is with carpets.
However, it is not enough for you to create a new carpet to enhance your home decor and comfort level. You should also make sure that it is cleaned regularly. Not only can this dirt damage the beauty of your home and the growing allergies in your home, but harmful pathogens can also cause serious illness. So, to maintain the sanctity of the house and its occupants, make sure you clean your carpet regularly.
In addition, carpet steam cleaning also benefits the carpet. In fact, carpet makers consider clean carpets to be far more delicate, potentially durable, and healthier than their inadequately maintained counterparts. However, there are some things you need to know about carpet cleaning in your home.
What kind of carpet do I have?
The question is clear, isn’t it? However, you may find it unexpected that many carpet owners have little idea about the materials available in their carpets. This knowledge is very important to answer the following question.
Which cleaning method should I use?
As you can see, it depends a lot on the carpet. There are some methods that work best with certain types of carpets, there are even some that should not be used sometimes for fear of ruining some carpets. Here is a shortlist of different ways to clean carpets.
- Dry cleaning – Dry compound
- Wet cleaning – i) Steam cleaning
- ii) Shampoo
Should I hire a professional?
Now, this is a question that every carpet owner asks one at a time. Although it is very cheap to do this work yourself, you can never get the same quality as professionals. However, not all professional carpet cleaning services are the same. The choice should be made carefully. There are a few factors to consider when choosing a professional carpet cleaner:
- A standard should be the basic standard that influences your choice. An easy way to find it is to look at their years of experience, client list, compliments, and general popularity. You need to do some research here, but the internet has definitely made things easier. You can also check if it has been approved by the Institute of Inspection, Hygiene, and Maintenance Certification (IICRC), a non-profit certification for the specialized fabric or carpet cleaning industry that contains existing carpets. Are Clears standards.
- Cost – As always, money is an important factor in your decision. If you have no idea about ideal prices, do your research on different companies.
- Convenience – If they can’t keep up with your schedule, the cleaning service won’t work for you. That way, see if they can fit in your comfort zone, not theirs. Many companies offer one day service and work seven days a week. If you need to clear the weekend, check out the company that offers this option.