Ladakh is one of the newly made union territories of India. It is also known as the roof of India as it perched at high elevation in comparison to other states of the Union of India. The altitude range is between 11,000 to 18,000 feet above the sea level due to this there are 12 high motorable roads that exist in Ladakh where some of them are the highest motorable pass in this world. The Khardungla Pass is the highest motorable road of this world at the elevation of 17,500 feet above sea level.
The land of Ladakh is wonderful and blessed by nature by all means. Apart from the mountains, there are fantastic valleys that also exist in Ladakh. These valleys are an important part of Tourism as well as cultural hotspots also. Ladakh comprises of 7 Valleys which are the following:
- Zanskar Valley
- Indus Valley
- Nubra Valley
- Markha Valley
- Drass Valley
- Suru Valley
- Salt Lake Valley
All these valleys are stunning and fantastic. These valleys provide all the chances to capture the beauty of nature in eyes forever and also in cameras as a memory for the lifetime. All these valleys are must-visit places other than these places are Shanti Stupa, Alchi Monastery, Hemis Monastery, Diskit Gompa, Pathar Sahib, Pangong Tso Lake, Indus and Zanskar River ‘Sangam’, Handicraft Shopping Point and many more.
- Day 1: Arrival at Leh
- Reach Leh in the morning by flight.
- Do check-in at the hotel, relax for a while and take delicious breakfast. By visiting the nearby market acclimatize your self.
Day 2: Leh Sightseeing- In and Around
- Wake up early in the morning to witness the surroundings of Leh.
- Drive to Spituk Gompa- which is beautiful & fantastic. Enjoy the surroundings and seek blessings.
- The next destination is the magnetic hill where vehicles start rolling up without starting the engine. Actually, due to the surroundings of Magnetic hill optical illusion is created.
- The other destination on the second day is Pathar Sahib Gurudwara where you will feel blessings of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
- After visiting Pathar Sahib proceed for the Sangam of Indus and Zanskar river.
- Drive back to hotel, Dinner wit overnight stay at hotel Leh.
Day 3: Leh- Nubra Valley, Khardungla Pass
- Get ready in the morning and drive towards Khardung-La Pass -Experience the highest Motorable Road in the world. It is located at the altitude of 17582 feet above sea level.
- Your next level of adventure will be at Hunder desert. There you will experience twin humpwd bactrian camel at Hunder on white sand dunes. Due to white sand the whole land looks like moon land.
- The next site of visit is Diskit Gompa there you can seek peace and prayers.
- Back to the Nubra Valley camspite for dinner and overnight rest.
Day 4: Nubra Valley- Pangong Lake
- Start your day with sunrise and enjoy the serene morning views of Nubra Valley campsite.
- After getting ready start drive towards Pangong Tso Lake.
- Pangong lake became more popular after the release of 3 Idiots movie. It is distributed among India and China. The one third part is only in India and the rest of the part is in China.
- There are several campsites where you can enjoy the stay.
- Overnight stay at Pangon Tso campsite.
Day 5: Pangong Lake- Leh
- Early morning enjoy the splendid view of Pangong Tso lake.
- After breakfast drive back to Leh.
- During the way to Leh you will get the chance to visit Thiksey Gompa, Shey Gompa and the Leh Palace.
- Reach Leh and check-in at hotel. If time allows you then visit the market of Leh and enjoy the evening.
- Dinner and night stay at hotel Leh.
Day 7: Leh – Source Destination
- In Morning after breakfast pack your all bags and say goodbye to Himalayan Kingdom.
Things to Carry
- Lip Balm
- Body Lotion
- Extra Batteries for Camera
- Dry Fruits and Snacks
- Woolen Clothes
- Woolen Socks
- Woolen Gloves
- Led Flashlights
- Identity Proof
- Trekking Shoes
- Trekking Poles
- Trekking Bag
- First Aid Kit
- General Medicine Kit
- Personal Toiletries
- Small Garbage Collection Bags
- Water Bottle
- Thermo Flask
- Solar Charger
- Sunscreen Lotion