In this high-tech world, many changes are coming day by day that make things pretty easier and moreover provide best solution for utmost results. One of them is computer vision algorithms for images. Computer vision is basically an interdisciplinary field which provide solution on how computer can be used for attaining high level of understanding through videos and digital images.
In fact, from engineering point of view this field can help in performing automated tasks. This technology even offer methods for processing, analyzing, understanding and acquiring digital images as well as extracting HD data from real world. Moreover, it also includes transforming of visual images into descriptive one which will help in interfacing with another process and also speed up appropriate action.
Computer vision even give ability to user to teach computer so as to provide meaningful data to physical world through computer vision. This tool also allow its users to develop different applications that can help in getting input from videos, photos and cameras.
Main components of computer vision algorithm
The main goal of computer vision algorithm is to match human vision with help of digital images. This process include three main components which are executed one after one in the mentioned series:
- Image acquisition: It is the process of converting analog world in form of binary data composed of interpreted and zeros in terms of digital images.
- Image processing: This second main component of computer vision and this process even involve use of advanced applied techniques and algorithms. It include process algorithms such as classification, edge detection, feature detection, segmentation and matching.
- Image understanding and analysis: This is last step of computer vision and it often includes analysis and understanding of images. Object tracking, object recognition and 3D mapping.
Benefits of computer vision algorithm
There are so many benefits of using computer vision algorithm for image search and classification, following are some of the main benefits that you will enjoy:
- It offer high level of accuracy as image search technique give flawless and high quality computer imaging.
- You can check your items easily and effortlessly as this process is faster and simple.
- 100% reliable information as it removes human factor and moreover user will not notice any type of fluctuations.
- This process will help in saving time and money as this technique will eliminate all faulty products from the list and customer will get improved images.
Methods of image recognition
Different approaches are there for image recognition, but mentioned below are most useful approaches that will deliver best result:
- Using machine learning: It involves extracting and identifying key features of images and later using them as input.
- Using deep learning: It involves use of convolutional neural network, through this method users can learn relevant features of an image using sample image and this will help in identifying real images.
In fact, most of the image recognition approach include technical computing environment for visualization, data analysis and development of algorithms.