A healthy eating habit provides abundant space for your angel to shine and grow healthily. Stockpiling your child’s plate with foods rich in nutrients, vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, and antioxidants can boost health as well as improve immunity. Create a healthy environment where ever you go and munch on quality, nutritious foods to get a radiant glow as well as to keep your daughter fit and healthy.
Diet for your teenage daughter:
Young girls face hormonal issues during the teenage period. During that time, healthy foods with the right amount of nutrients is required to supplement the body. So, worrying about the options? Fret not! We are here to help you with a bundle of healthy foods which should be included in the diet for proper growth and development. Don’t wait any more! Just check out for the options below:
- Supplement your teen’s body with two major nutrients for the development and growth of bones, organs and tissues. Yes! They require extra calcium and iron for their growth. A few calcium-rich foods which you can include are:
- Low-fat cottage cheese
- Low-fat milk
- White beans
- Dried figs
- Iron is important for building healthy blood cells. Iron is required to transport oxygen throughout the body. So, add the following iron-rich foods in the diet:
- Boiled eggs
- Iron-fortified cereals
- Dried black raisins
Note: Include Vitamin C rich foods such as lemon, kiwis, oranges, tomatoes, berries, and capsicum to improve iron absorption in the body. If foods don’t meet the daily iron and calcium requirements for your daughter, then speak to your healthcare provider for incorporating supplements in their food. Buy OTC medicines online from the reputed and legitimate online medicine companies in India.
- Explain to your daughter about the importance of healthy foods and the darker side of junk foods. Make your daughter understand that eating junk food doesn’t supply any nutrients to the body. It’s just stored in the body without utilization. The void calories will only expand the waistline and leads to obesity.
- Water is the most vital element required for the proper functioning of the body. Hence, make your daughter to drink at least 2 to 3 litres of water every day to keep your body hydrated. It helps to keep hunger pangs away, boost the metabolism rate, purifies the body and flushes toxins out of the system.
- Include physical activity in your daughter’s routine lifestyle. This is because a healthy life begins with a healthy body weight along with the stronger muscles and bones. So, plan your child’s foods and nutritional needs based on the type of physical activity he does.
- Children are more health-conscious and are always in a dilemma to include fats in their diet. So, teach your daughter about the good and bad fats and how good fats are vital for maintaining skin, hair and for strong bones and joints. Boost them to consume healthy fats and trim unhealthy fats completely from the diet.
- Fix a snack time for your child to avoid late-night munching on junks.
- Make sure your kid’s plate is filled with a balanced diet. Include colourful veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, milk, dairy products, cereals, pulses, legumes, and whole grains.
- Include protein-rich foods such as chicken, eggs, fish, lentils, tofu to name a new for proper growth and muscle development especially during puberty stage.
- Limit excess salt intake, sugar and processed foods.
- Cultivate healthy habits in your kids like daily exercise, meditation, limiting the use of TV and mobile phone, eating healthy diets and controlling portion size all these will help them to lead a balanced, healthy and happy life in their growing years.
Frame out a complete meal plan for every day and make sure to include all the varieties of foods which your daughter likes. Meeting the calories is not the vital thing that needs to be taken care of during their growth. But, it’s all about providing the correct nutritional requirements for building the health free of diseases and makes them, exultant throughout the journey-of-life! If you are unable to chart out a diet plan for your teenage daughter, book an appointment with the dietician to plan the right meals for your child. Sometimes she may also suggest health supplements or health products based on the body needs. Order dietary supplements from any trusted online drugstore and get amazing medicine discount on every product.